Full-time (40 hours p/w)
Hybrid working (mostly remote)
£40k – £45k pa (depending on experience)
ifour, a creative design agency based in Tunbridge Wells, is seeking a Senior Strategist to join their team. The successful candidate will work with the Head of Strategy and take responsibility for the strategic direction of their key client accounts. They will provide creativity, intelligent insight and critical thinking to our client’s communications and campaigns.
The Senior Strategist must be able to develop relationships and influence senior client stakeholders and proactively bring the agency’s thoughts and ideas into any strategy-led presentations. They will occasionally be required to lead on pitches and work on new business initiatives.
ifour is a creative design agency working with a wide range of clients in the UK and internationally.
Although we’re based in Tunbridge Wells, most of our clients are global brands with businesses and marketing teams worldwide.
We’re an innovative agency with a strong reputation for delivering intelligent business solutions with inspiration and integrity.
The business has grown organically since we started trading in 2006. New business usually comes from recommendations. Following a restructuring across the agency, we have an opening for an experienced, driven and capable individual to undertake the role of Senior Strategist.
Senior strategist: Overall purpose
To be part of ifour’s Strategy team, helping first to research and understand and then guide, bringing effective marketing and brand strategies to life, emphasises research, analytical thinking, and creative, impactful insights that inform the agency’s creative work under the guidance of the Head of Strategy.
Senior strategist: Purpose and responsibilities
As well as the duties and skills listed below, the post-holder will be required to work as part of the ifour team, performing ad hoc tasks as needed for the management team in service of the overall ifour mission.
- Embody a sense of curiosity and a drive to tell engaging stories, uncovering the most compelling messages for maximum client impact.
- Be able to expertly brief the creative team, providing the strategic direction and guidance from which they can create outputs that look and work beautifully, ensuring end results meet the agreed requirements for impactful, exciting deliverables that clients adore.
Research and Analysis
- Conduct in-depth research of client sectors and operating environments to present an informed analysis of their marketing content.
- Use research findings to create data-driven insights and narratives that transform clients’ brand and marketing effectiveness.
- Lead on more in-depth strategic and planning documents, such as competitor analyses, website audits and persona development.
- Conduct regular audits on client projects and provide an assessment of the effectiveness of their existing assets, as well as recommendations for improvement.
Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Develop data-driven, winning, well-researched marketing strategies and proposals to manage clients’ business-as-usual and campaign-led content.
- Collaborate with the Head of Strategy and wider team to deliver work to clients that transform their brand and marketing effectiveness.
- Play a leading role in developing end-to-end campaign strategies and executing assets for integrated campaigns that impact clients’ business objectives and bottom line.
Data and Analytics
- Use Google GA4 and other data analysis tools to understand the effectiveness of clients’ marketing strategies.
- Embrace data-driven storytelling to ensure clients understand the impact of evergreen, campaign-based and BAU content.
Strategic Content Development
- Identify data-driven narratives to inform a strategic approach
- Develop and execute marketing strategies, generating content that tells compelling stories and communicates complex commercial ideas in a simple and accessible way.
- Develop comms and campaign planning, messaging, narratives, and thought leadership content that provides the foundation for client content and campaigns.
- Work with the design and development teams to create content for and deliver the best possible integrated marketing and brand campaigns through a well-chosen set of channels.
- Write, edit and proof well-researched, persuasive campaign content and reports with robust, relevant recommendations.
- Collaborate with strategy colleagues to provide consistent, high-quality deliverables that meet the client’s needs or offer a better-than-expected solution.
Client Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships, anticipating and meeting their incisive brand and marketing strategy needs.
- Attend new business meetings and pitches when required.
- Develop ideas and content to raise the agency’s profile and reputation via the agency website blog and in the trade press.
- Ideally, 3+ years of experience in a mid-senior level strategic role in B2B or B2C marketing (preferably agency side).
- Strong communication skills, including copywriting for reports, content and campaigns, and excellent proofing and editing ability.
- Curiosity and passion for learning, exploring new trends and developments in tech, marketing and comms.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills to get under the skin of the creative challenge.
- Confident presentation and persuasion skills with the ability to talk to anyone.
- Proven experience managing digital marketing campaigns.
- Confident working across the marketing ecosystem, with a specific passion for evidence-based research, data-driven narratives and creativity.
- Self-motivated team player who is resilient under pressure, with a strong sense of fun.
What we offer
- Support and the autonomy to empower you to take control of your own career path.
- Professional training budget to suit your needs and develop your skill set.
- A diverse and varied client base, with opportunities to build skills and work across teams.
- A small friendly team connected through our shared belief in the power of creativity to transform any business venture.
- The benefits package includes virtual GP access and retail discounts, paid time off for medical appointments (including for blood donors), flexible working, leave trading, flu jab and eye test refunds, double pension contributions and much more.
- Chance to shape the strategy department within a small agency, seeing a visible impact as we embrace new ideas and grow.
- A salary range of £40k-£45k pa.
Email applications should be sent to email@example.com