Head of Creative circa £40k-50k pa
We're an award-winning independent agency looking for a senior design professional with 5+ years' team leadership or management experience. The purpose of this newly created management team role is to help our Creative Director and Founder set the creative direction for the agency and to support the team (made up of senior designers an illustrator and a 3D/interactive designer) to get the very best out of themselves.
ifour is a growing creative design agency, working with a wide range of clients, from big international brands to smaller, local companies.
We’re based in Tunbridge Wells, so we are well placed to provide a high-quality service to clients in London and the South East. However, we do also work with clients nationally and abroad.
We’re an innovative agency with a strong reputation for delivering beautiful and intelligent business solutions with inspiration and integrity.
The business has grown organically since we started trading in 2006, new business usually comes from recommendations. As we take the business to the next level, We are looking for a talented creative leader with their own unique ‘creative voice’ and the technical skills to match.
The post-holder must be a mid-heavyweight designer with 5+ years team leadership experience capable of joining and leading a well-established, award-winning creative team to ensure that our people are given the support and inspiration needed to grow the agency.
Overall purpose of the role
Growth – we have an ambitious growth strategy which calls upon our Creative Director to take an even more outward-facing role as we win business with bigger, higher value clients than ever before. We need an inspirational creative to take the reins and ensure that our studio’s creative output remains at the very highest quality.
Collaboration – this role is pivotal. We are looking for someone who is talented and strong enough to have – and communicate – their own creative vision to other creatives as they service our wide range of client brands. But we also need someone who is able to take direction from our resident genius, the Creative Director and founder.
Leadership – the Creative Studio Manager will work closely with the Creative Director to set a creative direction for projects and then take that direction or concept and lead the creative team in creating deliverables, on time and on budget.
Responsibilities of the role
This role is part of the ifour management team and will be expected to take a more general agency leadership role alongside responsibility for the creative team. The postholder will be expected to act in an inspirational and supportive way to the whole team and take on any reasonable ad hoc management duties and responsibilities as directed by the Creative Director.
Managing the studio
- Working closely with the Creative Director to develop and set the creative direction of ifour’s commissioned design work (e.g. campaigns, websites, print, marketing collateral, packaging etc.).
- Ensuring that the creative concepts and themes are managed through the design and implementation of assets by the studio team, adapting where necessary.
- Day-to-day leadership of the design team (senior designers, artworkers, illustrators and interactive designers) to ensure that the right resources are being used for the right work at the right time and within budget.
- Line management of the creative team with responsibility or their professional development and performance.
- Maintaining an overview of the design function and creating and implementing a plan for its ongoing improvement.
- Leading short, sharp daily ‘stand-up’ meetings with the design team to drive quality and timely delivery.
- Working with the Operations (project management) team to ensure that projects are running smoothly and all issues around creative studio deliverables have been communicated internally and externally in a timely manner.
- Making a positive and imaginative contribution to the ongoing development of the agency’s culture, values and outlook.
- Developing original, beautiful and engaging concepts for clients’ brand and marketing communications that have a big, positive impact on the bottom line.
- Designing and producing marketing communications (print and digital) collateral for our wide variety of clients
- Liaising with clients to capture a full understanding of the brief and the wider project context
- Developing and confidently delivering creative pitches to prospective and existing clients.
- Account managing clients, developing business and demonstrating understanding of their needs to ensure excellent client/agency relationships and a steady stream of work.
- Play a leading role in developing and executing big agency projects such as planning and delivering client campaigns.
- Work closely with Strategy and Development colleagues responsible to ensure all aspects of ifour’s creative work are aligned and integrated.
Have we just described you to a tee? To apply, email your CV and cover letter (and a quirky fun fact about yourself!) to email@example.com